2nd Assistant Superintendent
Park City, UT
Course Type: Private Membership
Open Year Round: No
Annual Rounds: 14,000
Number of Holes: 36
Educational Requirements: 2 or 4 year turfgrass degree.
Experience: Candidate should have 3 to 5 seasons of golf course work experience with a least 1 season at a high-end private facility. Knowledge and participation of course set up, chemical and fertilizer applications, along with supervisory and crew teaching experience. You must be energetic, have a desire to excel in the golf industry with an eye for detail and the ability to follow instructions.
Job Information: The 2nd assistant will be involved in all advanced aspects of golf course maintenance and cultural practices, including new crew training, government regulations, application calibrations and record keeping, equipment maintenance and irrigation trouble shooting and repairs. Candidates are expected to be self motivated, hard working and willing to put in the time to gain organizational skills while building solid agronomic practices. This position is full time year around. With 2 courses, you will have the opportunity to observe and be involved in different styles of maintenance and irrigation systems.
Salary: $40,000-45,000 yearly
- Golf Privileges
- Insurances, vacation, holiday, local association dues
Other Information: Promontory is a 7,000 acre private community located in Park City, Utah. We have two championship golf courses designed by Pete Dye and Jack Nicklaus. These courses are maintained to exacting standards on a daily basis. The Park City area abounds with numerous outdoor activities for both summer and winter seasons. If you love the outdoors, this job is for you.
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, resume and job related references to:
Mr. Chuck O’Nan C.G.C.S.
Superintendent of Promontory Courses
Cell Phone (435) 731-0989
Category: Assistant Superintendent
Company Name: Victory Ranch Club
Entry Level: No
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 3-5 Years
Salary - High: $60,000
Salary - Type: Yearly Salary
Location(s): Woodland, Utah, 84036, United States
Come join the dynamic maintenance team at Victory Ranch and enjoy life that living in an alpine environment has to offer! Victory Ranch is a highly revered golf course and club ranking in the top two in the state. It is a Rees Jones design that is maintained to a high level. The Assistant position plays an integral role in the success of the golf course. We are currently building a state of the art maintenance facility and the development is growing at an exponential pace. If you are a highly skilled individual looking for a challenge and be a part of an excellent team, you should apply. The incumbent will assist in all the following:
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways
- Are you a problem solver? You find ways to enhance your teams efforts? Help Fill in efficiencies where ever needed on the course
- Typically has well rounded knowledge of all facets of equipment operation
- Provides routine set-up of the golf course
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Engages membership feedback proactively to enhance craft
- Channels positive engagement with team to increase their productivity
- Carries out special projects within the course, i.e. irrigation addition of heads, drainage line installation, etc.
- Assists in personnel management, training, employee safety, and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation
- Communicate effectively with team members to achieve goals and tasks set forth by him or herself as well as superior
- Empowers team and him/herself through positive motivation and encouragement
- Comes to work daily wanting to make a difference on the course and the team
- Provides inputs to be more efficient
- Aids in successful operation to entirety, to full knowledge and understanding of GCM, as well as follow direction for optimum conditioning
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens; the seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls to IPM standards.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; to prepare clear and concise reports; and to maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Possession of a valid driver's license along with a can do attitude.
- May require current state certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
- Working knowledge and implementation of Irrigation skills required
- Detail orientation implemented daily requiring operating in the most efficient manor
- Will employ the utmost care and risk management from example as well as through staff towards the golf course. Other requirements may be added.